Were you aware that WV leads the nation in fire related deaths per capita? Especially during these very cold temperatures of the winter months check and make sure your smoke detectors are working!
Other important things to remember during the winter months:
- Keep your furnace clean and check that the pilot light is working properly if the furnace utilizes natural gas.
- If you use a space heater, keep it away from combustible materials.
- Have all alternative heating sources such as a wood stove examined by an expert to make sure they are functioning properly.
- NEVER use the oven for heating.
- Clean and check fireplaces and chimneys regularly.
- Never use power strips to power electrical heating appliances.
- Install and test carbon monoxide detectors.
And as always, “LIKE” us on FACEBOOK and visit our SCVFD EVENTS PAGE