Remember that WV “Spring” forest fire season begins today! Please follow all WV state laws when burning outdoors during this time.
Also keep in mind that materials illegal to burn at any time in WV include but are not limited to:
- Household trash (burn barrels and/or piles) including paper products – such as cardboard, boxes, etc.
- Construction, building, or demolition materials (examples: lumber, flooring, roofing material, carpet, plastic, styrofoam, etc.)
- Wood pallets and other packaging materials
- Tires or other rubber products
- Asbestos-containing materials including building materials
- Insulation from copper wire
- Waste paints, waste oil, and/or solvents
If you have any questions regarding open burning contact the WV Division of Forestry at (304) 558-2788, visit the WV DIVISION OF FORESTRY WEBSITE, or contact your local fire department.